Warm Bamboo Massage
This new therapy that originated in Asia, is wonderful to have if you like deep tissue work. It will leaves you feeling relaxed and energised and with a sense that your muscles have been stretched, warmed and elongated.
Known for its healing and natural anti-bacterial properties, and to symbolise strength, fertility, prosperity and youth in the East, warm bamboo massage uses solid bamboo sticks of different lengths and diameters to massage the body. The sticks are gently warmed and applied to roll, knead and give deep and long massage strokes to break down tension and stretch tight muscles.
Warm bamboo massage is a unique new way to relax tight muscles and release stress and tension, it encourages release from modern-day stress and to aid relief from many physical and emotional problems. It promotes circulation, sensory nerve perception and lymphatic drainage to break down toxins and ease aches and pains.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint and muscles mobility and flexibility.
- Reduces stress so lessen depression and anxiety.
- Boost energy, reduce pain, accelerate the healing process.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller.
- Gives deep penetration of heat and pressure.
- Unwind stubborn tension knots
- Support physical, mental and emotional well being.
The treatment will be given with soya bean and wheatgerm oil as this is a very safe medium for everyone. It is usually performed on a treatment couch with the client appropriately undressed and covered by a large towel or blanket, depending on which area is to be massaged. Your first visit will require me to collect some personal information so I can determine how best to treat you so allow an extra 5 minutes.
Contra-Indications: Some conditions will not allow massage such as - Infectious skin conditions, Fever, Thrombosis, Malignant Melanoma, First Trimester of pregnancy. Other conditions may need your Doctors permission and this would be discussed on your first visit.
Warm Bamboo Massage - 75 mins (Includes Consultation and grounding) - £45
For more information, call me on 07971 683 032 or email me.
Therapies - Ladies, I am available Monday to Wednesday & Friday, times as follows:
Monday: 1.30 - 3.30pm
Tuesday: 11.30 - 3.30pm
Wednesday: 11.30 - 3.30pm
Friday: 11.30 - 3.30pm
From a lovely welcoming Thorpe Bay Home treatment room.