Also in this section
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What after effects may I experience after a treatment?
Often with or without the use of medications we suppress emotions and illness within the body, so following a holistic treatment which aims to balance and eliminate any undesirable symptoms or energy you may experience a variety of sensations. By re-balanceing the body it encourages the removal of toxins and negative feelings so you may find you:
- Are a little emotional due to the release of deep held feelings.
- Increased bowel movement as the digestive system has been simulated
- Skin breakout as the body rebalances with toxin removal
- Fatigue or more energy everyone reacts differently
- Relief of symptoms, aches and pains.
These after effects are commonly known as the "Healing Crisis" and are quite normal and often clear within 24 hours and are signs that the healing is working positively for you.
2. What should I do after a Holistic Treatment?
To help the effects of your treatment and aid the release of toxins from your system over the next 24 hours, it would be advisable to:
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate and help toxin flush.
- Eat light meals to allow the body to put its energy into healing.
- Drink herbal teas or fresh juice.
- Take time to relax and allow the body to focus on healing.
- Avoid alcohol, coffee and colas as these stimulants will reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- If you are experiencing sinus problems reduce your dairy intake.
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.
3. Would there be any reason why I couldn't have a certain treatment?
Yes. With some treatments there are "Contra-indications" which are reasons that make it inadvisable to perform a particular treatment on someone.
Contra-indications for Reflexology: Osteoporosis, Transplants (or due for transplants), Currently receiving IVF treatment, Blood in urine, Thrombosis (unless they have GP permission). Pregnancy but only before 20 weeks (Its perfect after 20 weeks). For anyone with the following I would give hand reflexology: varicose veins particularly on the feet, verrucas on feet, Athlete's foot. I'd also avoid if directly before or after surgery.
Contra-indications for Massage: Some conditions will not allow massage such as - Infectious skin conditions, Fever, Thrombosis, Malignant Melanoma, First Trimester of pregnancy. Other conditions may need your Doctors permission and this would be discussed on your first visit.
Contra-indication for Facial Massage: Only if the client was allergic to the product used.
Contra-indications for Crystal Healing: Alcohol or drug dependency, not on children, Diabetes, in the first 20 weeks of pregnancy, Epilepsy or severe emotional disorder.
Contra-indications for Reiki: There are no contra-indications for Reiki it is such a gentle treatment.